54cm modern steel touring/road bike (E.g. Raleigh Clubman)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MLOwen

Regular
Hi everyone

I'm on the lookout for a modern steel bike that can be used for commuting and bit of touring. Mainly for road use with some canal paths.

I'm 5'9 so looking for a medium/54cm frame. Id love to hear from anyone who has a 2012/13 Raleigh Clubman for sale...

Thanks, Mike

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Maybe @biggs682 has something suitable.

That 2012 model Clubman was developed for the US market and I’m not sure they brought many to the U.K.

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
What's your budget, and are you looking only for second hand or is new an option?

People tend to recommend the bike they want or own :whistle:

I really like my 2018 Kona Wheelhouse. It's my commuter and long distance bike of choice. Permanently fitted with pannier and mudguards make it a perfect steel tourer and I have done a couple of 3 day mini tours on it and found it perfectly comfortable for successive long days in the saddle - www.cyclechat.net/threads/lets-get-together-hay-on-wye-cycle-camp-12-16th-sept-2019.248322

I will be doing LEJOG on it later this year (Covid permitting).

There is a 54cm size so this might be a good, modern choice if you can track one down.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Kona make some fine steel framed bikes. I believe they do a dedicated tourer, the Sutra which could be worth a look. Dawes also made some excellent tourers.

vickster

Legendary Member
Could be used for touring and in Bristol..
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164682175416

OP
OP
M

MLOwen

Regular
😂 thanks for the suggestions guys! Ive found a 56cm frame clubman for sale that I'm going to try out and see how it feels. I've been riding a 58cm for a while anyway, so I'm used to strange fits haha

Top Bottom