6 inches is not giving me room ffs!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
It's always worth reporting these types of things. Not many occasions I've reported things but every time I've felt it's been important to have what happened properly recorded. If you get a visit you can make it clear you just want the incident recorded it can be useful for the police in the future to give a history of incidents occurring.

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
Crankarm said:

It is a system of reporting bad driving that Sussex Police use, similar to the one that the Met use for reporting bad driving in London.

Vikeonabike said:
Statement template

Get the Head cam....it's regarded as best evidence.

Is it Vike? When I initially went to the police with my tanker incident the police were reluctant to take it forward saying that I really needed a witness.

Funnily enough when they actually bothered to look properly at my video (on youtube) they changed their tune. I'm not sure if it was because the incident was so bad, or that they sawy how much interest there was in it!! :eek:

Crankarm

Guru
magnatom said:
Is it Vike? When I initially went to the police with my tanker incident the police were reluctant to take it forward saying that I really needed a witness.

Funnily enough when they actually bothered to look properly at my video (on youtube) they changed their tune. I'm not sure if it was because the incident was so bad, or that they sawy how much interest there was in it!! ;)

If one has only a witness but no headcam the police response is you really need video evidence.

If one has headcam footage the police response is you really need witnesses as well.

Conclusion (sorry Vike) but most police want to get out of having to investigate the matter. I read that for a minor cycling incident the police have the equivalent of £60 to spend, serious RTA involving a cyclist £240. Not a lot of money is it, so is it any wonder the police don't seem interested?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Crankarm said:
If one has only a witness but no headcam the police response is you really need video evidence.

If one has headcam footage the police response is you really need witnesses as well.

Conclusion (sorry Vike) but most police want to get out of having to investigate the matter. I read that for a minor cycling incident the police have the equivalent of £60 to spend, serious RTA involving a cyclist £240. Not a lot of money is it, so is it any wonder the police don't seem interested?

Charge the oik who started it. Call it a fine :becool:

OP
OP
Matthames

Matthames

Über Member
Just got an email back from the Police, unfortunately they couldn't get a match with the reg number. This maybe a couple of things I guess.

1) (Most Likely) I was badly shaken up by what had happened that I didn't record his reg plate properly, I didn't want to make it obvious as to what I was doing as it may of made the situation worse. A helmet cam would of helped, I have noticed they are doing Muvi clones on ebuyer for £25 so I better get my card out.

2) (Least Likely, but still possible) Could of been false plates he had on.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Matthames said:
Just got an email back from the Police, unfortunately they couldn't get a match with the reg number. This maybe a couple of things I guess.

1) (Most Likely) I was badly shaken up by what had happened that I didn't record his reg plate properly
2) (About as likely) the nice policeman is trying to fob you off

If you recognised the car make/model you could plug your best guesses at reg number into https://www.mycarcheck.com/ and see what comes back with the right answer.

Top Bottom