600km

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Anyone else do a longish ride this weekend? I first did this one, the Bryan Chapman Memorial 600, in 1993. It starts in Chepstow and goes to Meni and back. This year over 120 riders entered and most got round without being rained on. Superb scenery as well, with an ascent of Pen-y-Pas thrown in for good measure.

And I was pleased doing 76 mile!

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
You can take as long as 40hrs, or rush round in 20. Most of us prefer to stop for a little sleep at some point.

shippers

Ian H said:
You can take as long as 40hrs, or rush round in 20. Most of us prefer to stop for a little sleep at some point.

Come Ian, sleep? You big wuss! Sleep is for mere mortals!
Speaking of which, I'm off to bed.

jimboalee

I did a three hundred because it is required in the Rando 1000 series.

I did three of them in total because the first brevet card was lost in the post :wacko:;)

The second was a repeat for my R1000 series and the third was for the individual R300 badge.

That's the limit of my mentality. A ride that can be completed in daylight hours when most other sane people ( and bike shops ) are awake.

There's a space in the cabinet for an individual R400 badge. it will probably stay empty.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
SheilaH said:
385 miles (it was 620k)

Ian H has a 600k event running weekend after next called the kernow and south-west.

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm still accepting entries.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
shippers said:
Come Ian, sleep? You big wuss! Sleep is for mere mortals!
Speaking of which, I'm off to bed.

Strange to relate, but I do like my creature comforts - more so as age creeps up on me.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
SheilaH said:
385 miles (it was 620k)

Ian H has a 600k event running weekend after next called the kernow and south-west.

In my book of life it is written "Soft Southeastern Shandy Suppers should seldom cycle sixhundreds southwest of Sidmouth". A very useful rule.

Greenbank

Über Member
Ian H said:
Thanks for mentioning that. I'm still accepting entries.

Do you always plan it for the bank holiday weekend at the end of May?

I definitely can't this year, but I might be able to enter next year. We go down to Cornwall at that time of year anyway. It's definitely a ride I'd like to do and it'd be a lovely qualifier for PBP.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I'll see how it goes with bank holiday traffic and suchlike. Obviously a recovery holiday is good, but there are some main roads that might be less pleasant if there's a large influx of grockles.

Top Bottom