62cm Falcon Team Banana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kins

Über Member
£100 o.n.o + carriage if not collecting.
Viewing Preferred.

Got this as a pair of bikes and far to big for me. Been stored by previous owner in a garage a fair while not doing anything. One side rear upright and same side front fork rubbed where its been stood against a wall. Other side clean.

Needs cables replacing, new brake blocks, and wheels slightly truing and a pair of inner tubes. If it gets no interest here I'll do the work and stick it on Ebay.

Frame seems rust free, decals in good condition. Seems very original. Seat has hooks for saddle bag. Some marks to frame but very minor besides rubbing listed above. Rims and spokes look fine. Brake levers seem the only pitted item that might need more than a good clean.

8486115366_33c996c7ce_c.jpg

8485027363_b1cae60c65_c.jpg

8486118946_4a5e2be7b6_n.jpg 8485025361_727dea3ac9_n.jpg 8485024497_a57a870d2a_n.jpg

8485023619_c6144865d5_c.jpg

8485021711_2e8f398569.jpg 8485020717_9efbeaf14c.jpg

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Nice, but I've just started on a new job, so have to work a week in hand: When I'm solvent I'll be in touch...

Nice, I'd have been tempted as well if I hadn't just restored a Dawes Stratos of a similar vintage.

I don't remember these though TBH. I do remember Team Raleigh Banana, or were they one and the same, or are my rose tinted goggles playing up altogether.

Nice bike though Kins,shame about the thoughtless storage by the previous custodian, but still worth the wedge IMO too, good luck with it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kins

Kins

Über Member
Shame its big because I like the colour scheme. With a little work would be a stunning bike to look at. All its had is a bit of soap and water since I picked them up.

The Raleigh banana was black and yellow I think and came in a few varieties from 531 down to a cheap model.

e-rider

crappy member
Nice, I'd have been tempted as well if I hadn't just restored a Dawes Stratos of a similar vintage.

I don't remember these though TBH. I do remember Team Raleigh Banana, or were they one and the same, or are my rose tinted goggles playing up altogether.

Nice bike though Kins,shame about the thoughtless storage by the previous custodian, but still worth the wedge IMO too, good luck with it :thumbsup:
these were a shameless cheap copy of the Raleigh Banana

although there were also very cheap Raleigh Bananas available too

OP
OP
Kins

Kins

Über Member
these were a shameless cheap copy of the Raleigh Banana

although there were also very cheap Raleigh Bananas available too

When you look at the difference between this and my other Falcon the components are loads better. I love the head set on this bike. But if you compare it to the stuff on my BSA 531 Campy then they aren't as good.

Top Bottom