6KU Track/Winter/Training Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
SOLD SOLD SOLD

6KU Track Singlespeed Winter/Training Bike

I’m selling my winter bike. I bought it in September last year while in the USA on a training course, so I could do a bit of cycling round N Carolina. As my Falcon singlespeed needs some work I took it off the road, and I’ve been using this regularly with my good wheels off the Falcon. I've done probably 1000 miles on it with no issues.

IMAG3864.jpg IMAG3871.jpg IMAG3873.jpg IMAG3878.jpg IMAG3880.jpg

It’s a 52cm frame, suitable for a small adult or big kid. I’m 5’ 9” with short legs and it’s been fine but I’ve started developing back problems which I’m putting down to this bike being too small for me.

It’s light, stable (despite its short wheelbase) and stiff; great for what I’ve used it for and I don’t doubt it would make a decent track bike as well. I’m selling it with the original wheels (I'm keeping my good wheels) which are a bit cheap and could do with truing. The tyres are cheap as well and pop off the rims if you try & put over 50psi in them, so you’ll probably want to replace the tyres.

It came with flat bars which I’ve replaced with these Deda ones and Tektro levers. The seat is a Charge/Fabric copy and perfectly fine.

My comments on the bike here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/buying-off-the-peg.207666/

I reckon £100 is a fair price; they're currently selling them at Brick Lane Bikes for £360. It's got a few scratches as it's not been pampered but has been cleaned & lubed regularly. Buyer collects from Cirencester although I could deliver between here and Heathrow, as long as it's not too far off the M4.

Thanks, Andy

Last edited:
OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Listed on ebay...

Top Bottom