7 Stanes in One Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Event title: 7 Stanes in One Day
Event date/s: 27th June 2014
Event location: Various :smile:
Event organiser: Michael Wrightson, Ian Wrightson, Thomas Martindale
Your relationship: Participant

Beneficiary: Eden valley Hospice and the Jigsaw Childrens Hospice

On the 27th June my Brother, a friend and I will be taking on a challenge that (as far as we can tell) has not been done before.

We will be attempting to ride all the blue runs of the 7Stanes Mountain Bike centres in the same day, we will have from sunrise to sunset to complete it.

This will involve at least 7 hours on the bikes and travelling in between the centres that are spread over southern Scotland from Newton Stewart to Innerleithen and Newcastleton.

We are doing this to raise money for the Eden Valley Hospice, particularly their Jigsaw Hospice for children and our target is £500

If you can spare a few pounds, you can donate at this address, it will be much appreciated:

www.justgiving.com/Michael-Wrightson

Or you can donate by text by sending LHVK81 £5 to 70070

(£5 is just a suggestion, whatever you donate is welcome)

Cubist

Still wavin'
Sounds like a great challenge. Rob Lee of Ironhorse did all seven reds in one day, riding the road links in between in 23 hrs 11 minutes, 2009.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fragz/3707627046/

OP
OP
MikeW-71

MikeW-71

Veteran
It is done!

54 off-road miles and 5500ft of climb in total. It was hard work and on the last route (thankfully a short one) my legs had really had enough of climbing and I just wanted to see the end.

Full report with videos and photos to follow, what an epic day. We are planning something harder for next year already :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 23692

Congrats Mike, and well done :thumbsup:.

Top Bottom