700x23

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yep they go down to 16 i think ask at you LBS they will have all the lists for you to brouse

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yep, my Michelin Axial Pros were 19/20c's IIRC. In the '80's I recall some 15c's.
If you have a reasonably stiff bike they're chuffin uncomfortable and only really fast when the road is billiard-table smooth. Narrower road tyres than 23c these days are mostly found on aero-wheeled TT bikes.

Indeed - a fast tyre is more about quality than lack of rubber.

I run Michelin P2Rs in 25c and don't find any noticeable difference in cruising speed/effort ratio between them and P2Rs in 23c, however the do accelerate slightly slower.

But they are miles more comfortable, and I don;t race, so can live with the tiny loss of acceleration as they spin up.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I once had 18mm tubs (well still do) and they were on 18mm Wolber Profile rims - very uncomfy, but light and fast wheels....only for TT's though.

20c is fairly common but I moved up to 23c last year and find them much better for comfort and speed over the poor roads we have now.

Do you need the clearance or something ? My 23mm leave very little clearance on my Ribble.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I could go to a 25" BUT I prefer something around a 20" - because they're faster...thats the reason I ask !

I dont need grip - ive got my fat backside for that ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Believe you me 23mm are better than 20's - I've converted to 23's they do roll better over standard road surfaces.....

Pro Race 2 or 3's all the way..........

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

I just dont side with the 23 side of things 20's...float my boat [shrug]

Dave5N

Über Member
I used thin tyres, but frankly, the received wisdom is true - 23s on the road. 32s for cross (I don't have the courage to run low pressure though - I have 50 psi in my front tyre - the maximum printed on it is 36.)

Top Bottom