70th Birthday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Another big one, looking for idea's to celebrate, what would you all do?
For my 70th my wife and I took the overnight sleeper from London to Glasgow with our Bromptons. Spent the night in a hotel then set off from Bowling Basin and followed the canal towpaths to Edinburgh. Lunch stop at the Falkirk Wheel and a lovely slow paced way to spend my 70th. Came of the canal towpath in the heart of Edinburgh and continued out to the coast at Portobello where we finished at a pub on the Prom. A tad over 70 miles.

Sharky

Guru
For my 60th, we had a Eurostar trip to Paris for a couple of nights.

For my 70th, it was a lockdown party with just the two of us.

Need something exciting, done most bike stuff.:okay:
A parachute jump is normally a 70/80s doing

oldwheels

Legendary Member
For my 70th my wife and I took the overnight sleeper from London to Glasgow with our Bromptons. Spent the night in a hotel then set off from Bowling Basin and followed the canal towpaths to Edinburgh. Lunch stop at the Falkirk Wheel and a lovely slow paced way to spend my 70th. Came of the canal towpath in the heart of Edinburgh and continued out to the coast at Portobello where we finished at a pub on the Prom. A tad over 70 miles.
I lived in Bowling for 14 years and the path you followed was the result of persistent action by a pressure group of which I was the press officer. The original plan was to fill in the whole canal and bits of it were built over before we could stop it. They had to dig out new diversions round these bits. That was in the 1960s.

Top Bottom