70th Birthday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Exiting

Riding round the top of the track at the Manchester/London velo

Should get your toes tingling.

It works for me :okay:
Done the velodrome a few times, really enjoyed it,

Tenkaykev

Guru
I lived in Bowling for 14 years and the path you followed was the result of persistent action by a pressure group of which I was the press officer. The original plan was to fill in the whole canal and bits of it were built over before we could stop it. They had to dig out new diversions round these bits. That was in the 1960s.
That’s interesting, I wasn’t aware of the history. Thanks for your and your colleagues work 👍

I tend to remember and relish lifetime milestones if I travel to celebrate. As one other member suggested, take the train or go somewhere overnight to celebrate. Maybe a show in London and a nice meal at a Moroccan or Thai Restaurant. You will remember that for sure. .

Dave7

Legendary Member
For mine we took the family to a tapas bar for lunch. About 10 of us and it was really enjoyable. I just made certain I wasn't driving ^_^
I am sure there are lots of more original and interesting ways to celebrate though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hope you've not got an Arial Atom to drive. Hard work they are. Much preferred the Nissan GTR. No wonder the instructor was 'moaning' about going out in it again - they are body breaking.

Top Bottom