77km in 1 hour and 45 minutes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im giving up
Just come back from 70km in an average time of 2:18 (avg 30.5km/h) :blush:
and this was the first thread I saw when I hit new posts

stevenb

Still impressive indeed BTFB. :blush:
I miss the speed of my Bianchi.
I'm getting fitter and legs are getting stronger.....felt ok when I got in......Going out again tomorrow hopefully. :ohmy:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...I'm going to check the computer:biggrin:

I had a similar "problem" once and on checking the computer found that the I had inputted the diameter of the wheel instead of the radius or something. There may have been something metric involved as well. The figures you quote mean you were averaging 44 kph. I think I'm doing OK when I do around 28 kph on the flat and for a 100 km ride average around 24 kph.

Still, enjoy the illusion while it's there or face up to the fact that you should have been a pro in your youth. (er ... you're not mates with any Spanish doctors or anything are you?)

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

ok..I think I have solved the mystery.

...I am in fact Superman & my bike has a tardis gizmo fitted:biggrin:......no.....

....recently my son returned from Germany with a new watch. It has all the usual teenage necessities like a compass, barometer, games etc...but it also tells the time....erm....German time:rolleyes:

yep, he kept it on German time so he knew what time to text his new friends over there. Yesterday morning he was home practicing for his concert on Monday.

I haven't worn a watch in 5 years...so....when I asked him what time it was when I left for my ride he told me it was 10.30...which it was.....in Germany.....but in reality it was 9.30 here.

So...when I got back and checked the on board oven :blush:
I put 2&2 together and made105!

The real time must in fact have been nearer 2 hours 45 minutes:sad::ohmy::biggrin::biggrin:

...so...no tour de France for me next year afterall:biggrin:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

yeah...but I've bought the new racing bike and all the team kit now for next years TDf....do you think I can return it?:blush::rolleyes::ohmy:

Keith Oates

Janner
Don't return the bike and kit, just train harder and join the TdF and show them how it's done;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevenb

lol:biggrin:
Ah well.....still not a bad time though....it inspired me to step up my training.
Anyone got a very nice road bike they want to sell to me as cheap as chips? :blush:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
So you were in fact averaging 28 kph which is in the "normal mortal" bracket for zooming along on an unladen bike. I reckon you can feel pretty pleased with yourself.

Top Bottom