8,000 miles ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
ok, Kev. Thanks for the answer.

Crankarm

Guru
Not only well done for commuting 8,000 miles by bike, what with mixing it with the nutters that drive in the Fens, but HUGE respect for sheading 34kg of weight. How far do you commute each day? Do you ride come rain or shine?

A very well done. You must feel like a totally different person physically and mentally. You have in all likelihood significantly increased your life expectancy providing the motons don't get you. A huge round of applause.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

May I be so rude and ask how tall you are to tie in with weight?

Jezston

Über Member
Dayum, mine's only done about 2500-3000 miles and I already need a new chain, brake pads, and possibly new crankset :sad:

OP
OP
kevin_cambs_uk
Not only well done for commuting 8,000 miles by bike, what with mixing it with the nutters that drive in the Fens, but HUGE respect for sheading 34kg of weight. How far do you commute each day? Do you ride come rain or shine?

A very well done. You must feel like a totally different person physically and mentally. You have in all likelihood significantly increased your life expectancy providing the motons don't get you. A huge round of applause.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

May I be so rude and ask how tall you are to tie in with weight?

I do 34 per day, every day, last time I drove to work was January, last 2 weeks have been interesting with gale force winds and rain everyday !
When I see pictures of me from over a yar ago I can't believe just how fat I was, and I wish I had started going to work by bike years ago, that is my biggest regret
sad.gif

Crankarm

Guru
I do 34 per day, every day, last time I drove to work was January, last 2 weeks have been interesting with gale force winds and rain everyday !
When I see pictures of me from over a yar ago I can't believe just how fat I was, and I wish I had started going to work by bike years ago, that is my biggest regret
sad.gif

Well you've now done it and continue to ride so top marks to you. Do you ride with a club?

Chamfus Flange

You put my 2555 target to shame. Well done. I don't know how you do it but keep it going. My target has something to do with my fitness but also how many hours (and miles) are available to me. How many hours a week are you cycling?

OP
OP
kevin_cambs_uk
Well you've now done it and continue to ride so top marks to you. Do you ride with a club?

I used to, back in 2003-2004 but I gave it all up when I got my PS3, shame on me!

OP
OP
kevin_cambs_uk
You put my 2555 target to shame. Well done. I don't know how you do it but keep it going. My target has something to do with my fitness but also how many hours (and miles) are available to me. How many hours a week are you cycling?

It takes me just under an hour each way each day, so 10 hours a week roughly, a normal month is over 600 miles, the hardest part is getting out of bed, once I am out the door I still love it, and days like today make life really worth living for,

brilliant weather, slight tailwind, and all on the way home after work, days like today are simply priceless for us cyclists.
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom