8 bloody marvelous miles in today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Well, I do have a 11.5 mile commute, but I can honestly say for an 8 mile part of it, I saw only one car. Yep, just one car and that was it. Marvelous. Fantastic.

I'm not a car hater and do understand they are a necessity for many folks, but it was just nice to cycle along roads and just hear the birdsong and the wind whistling in my ears. So very peaceful and something some people just can't appreciate now.

Then of course I reached a main road I have to cross and all that was shattered, but hey, it was good while it lasted.

hackbike 6

...any RLJers?

My highlight of my commutes that I change over for the starting time of 5 or 6am is I see very few of these or cars again for that matter.So none of the not so many of the normal titheads that you get at 9am.

Im not surprised that there are more cyclists though.My chain broke three times forcing me onto the tube at Mile End and it wasn't a nice experience.

I bet my shirt stunk on the tube.;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
fossyant said:
Schools are back - very busy again..boo hoo !

But made more enjoyable by passing what seems like an endless stationary queue of traffic ;):biggrin:

OP
OP
Nigeyy

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Well there are advantages and disadvantages -overall, I think I'd be happier to cycle in the UK -but I left back in 1990 so I'm sure the roads are even busier now (though I'm usually on the road by 6:00am so that's why it's often quiet), and of course I can't help thinking that in the majority of Magnatom's videos -it's raining! And I really dislike cycling in the rain......

pinkkaz said:
I'm jealous!
One day I'll have commute like that - just got to leave the country first!

hackbike 6

I love cycling in the rain,less numpties.;)

yenrod

Nigeyy said:
Well, I do have a 11.5 mile commute, but I can honestly say for an 8 mile part of it, I saw only one car. Yep, just one car and that was it. Marvelous. Fantastic.

I'm not a car hater and do understand they are a necessity for many folks, but it was just nice to cycle along roads and just hear the birdsong and the wind whistling in my ears. So very peaceful and something some people just can't appreciate now.

Then of course I reached a main road I have to cross and all that was shattered, but hey, it was good while it lasted.

WOW - thats some go that, 8mls and no cars...very interesting.

Though I rode the 5mls (one way - 10 in total) WOW :angry: to work to day and was totally amazed at how busy the roads were on my route.

Top Bottom