8 months with Snow on the ground

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Officially as of May 1 , here in the plains of Alberta, we will have had snow on the ground for 8 months, worst winter ever. The roads are clear and the snow that has fallen yesterday and today will be mostly gone by this time tomorrow. But in the midst of all this depression as I was riding home I spotted that there was no one in the skate park and it was mostly clear.. Just goes to show the small joys commuting home from work by bicycle brings.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpqCh3e-Xas

Not much of a ramp rider, and i don't have the correct tires to ride on smooth concrete, but lots of fun.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Wow, eight months is awfully long time. That and the cold make living in Canada pretty tough going at times I'd think -Lloydminster is pretty far up, and quite a distance away from Edmonton (OK, I admit I had to google map it). I hope you enjoy your non-snow commute soon!

Wow! We had bad weather for a couple of months and I though it would never end! Hope you now have months and months of glorious sunshine...Well, you never know!!!

Velo711

Spring was a long time coming. Longer where you are. That was one nasty winter for Albertans.
Hat's off to anyone who cycles in those temperatures.

Top Bottom