8 Speed Freewheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Ãœber Member
Good Morning All

I am currently on the lookout for a decent quality 8 speed screw on freewheel, the only stock items I can find seem to be generic ones aimed at ebikes which based on the majority of the ones I see here in Manchester don't take much power at the cranks 🙈

Ideally something like a 13-28 or even up to 32.

Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

All uphill

Still rolling along

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Ãœber Member
Spa have a 13 to 24 in stock, and Saint John St Cycles a 13 - 32

SJS are out of stock
I'll probably have to do a stock alert on SJS 24 is too small for when I'm towing the little man.

I was hoping for something of a known quality, this is what happened when pulling away from some lights on an unknown brand one.

slow scot

Veteran
I have a new Sun Race 8 speed Freewheel, 13-32 tooth. I must have bought it quite a few years ago and never put it on a bike after moving to cassettes.
It‘s yours for free if you want it. If you pm me your address I’ll get it posted to you.

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Ãœber Member
I have a new Sun Race 8 speed Freewheel, 13-32 tooth. I must have bought it quite a few years ago and never put it on a bike after moving to cassettes.
It‘s yours for free if you want it. If you pm me your address I’ll get it posted to you.

Thank you I'll drop you a PM.

OP
OP
GeekDadZoid

GeekDadZoid

Ãœber Member
I bought the Amazon item above about a year ago and it was so wide that it Fowled the frame which originally had a 6 speed.

I was running a 8 speed on it previously so I think I'll be ok, but they do need more axel / wheel dishing than the 6 speeds I think.

I have been sorted out very kindly by @slow scot

Top Bottom