8 year anniversary today..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
8 years, crikey it's flown by, most people thought I would not last 8 days!

51000 miles, twice around the world and I have moaned about the weather almost everyday! I suppose I am a veteran at this commuting !

Take it easy folks!
It gets easier, don't fret.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
It is permissible to moan about headwinds but never about rain.

Whenever I get to work soaked through and someone says "It's really wet out there" I always say "I suppose... a bit..." as if it barely deserves a mention.

Then go and have a hot shower.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good stuff. Been commuting most of my life by bike, but the broken spine incident was enough. Manchester isn't nice commuting on a bike.

I miss it, loads,but my body is fubared.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well done:okay:
I committed to the bike in September 2015 for a number of reasons, and it's automatic now. The van still gets used on icy days, or rare occasions when it's dangerously windy like last night.

51000 miles, twice around the world and I have moaned about the weather almost everyday! I suppose I am a veteran at this commuting !

Take it easy folks!

8 years since what? What did you get and how long did it take you to recover well enough to ride again?

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel

Take it easy folks!
Blimey! Well done.:notworthy::highfive::bravo::notworthy: I've been cycling for 8 1/2 years and am still only 3/4 of my way round the world. Mind you, I don't commute ... that's just short of 18,000 miles in total from about 85 leisure rides per year. But still .... Blimey.

Top Bottom