80 miles a day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leon

Hi everyone

Im planning a 220 mile ride this year and im hoping to do this in around 3 to 4 days possibly in june. I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on training for this ride.

Also is this a good time of year to it or do you think it will be too warm?

Kind regards

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
leon said:
Also is this a good time of year to it or do you think it will be too warm?

Where are you going?

Will1985

Über Member
It's never too warm in this country!!

Perhaps a bit more information would be helpful to give advice....
Average speed?
80 miles in one go, or with planned stops along the way making it 80 miles over the course of a day?
Are you hauling kit with you?
What's your current fitness/experience?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've toured in the UK in August before when it's been really hot and it's not unpleasant as long as you have plenty fluids and sunblock (and don't forget to do the backs of the knees).

How much cycling are you currently doing? are you starting from scratch or do you already ride?

OP
OP
L

leon

Will1985 said:
It's never too warm in this country!!

Perhaps a bit more information would be helpful to give advice....
Average speed?
80 miles in one go, or with planned stops along the way making it 80 miles over the course of a day?
Are you hauling kit with you?
What's your current fitness/experience?

I hope to be stopping in b&bs along the way so i want to be carrying as little as possible, I have been riding to and from work each day for the past 6 years (about 16 miles a day) so id say im about average fitness.

Garz

Squat Member
It shouldn't pose a major effort for you then leon, it would seem you have the perfect base fitness. I ride with a colleague from work who is a commuter that rarely rides in his spare time and he's extremely fit (and older dare I say). He managed a 100 miler with me last year with no training and doesn't have much gear. Fossy's advice is enough.

Good luck!

Top Bottom