80+ Miles and done in!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coco69

Veteran
Group of us today dis a charity bike ride from the lakes today,all novices with an aray of bikes from races to hybrids(1st long ride on my new bike)
Total cycling time took us 5h 45 mins averaging 14+mph which i personally think is not bad going...................tired but hooked.

Keith Oates

Janner
Nice one coco69 and welcome to the 'hooked' club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
Just one thing though,its the 1st time i have been out properly on it,and last 10 miles or so when i was changing gear it felt like when i was in gear it wanted to move slightly to next gear(by sound) if that makes sense?

coco69 said:
Just one thing though,its the 1st time i have been out properly on it,and last 10 miles or so when i was changing gear it felt like when i was in gear it wanted to move slightly to next gear(by sound) if that makes sense?
It maybe just needs its first service; the cables on all new bikes stretch initially.

Congrats on your ride btw ;)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Congratulations thats a good speed over 80 miles.

Definitely sounds as if your gear change cable has stretched a bit,they all do ,if your not ready for the bikes first free adjustment service just pop in the shop if its local I am sure they would happily adjust it and show you how to do it at the same time.

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
Thanks all,i did it on the new giant hybrid which goes very well,i think i may go into it full gog next time with a road bike....must admit i do love the look of the boardman and great reviews

Top Bottom