9 out of 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

^Not so!^

The Mondes that came with the Allez were the worst! Actually this is the first time this year I've been stopped. But on looking at them, there are a helluva lot of holes in the tyres that haven't resulted in puncs.

Got a sportive next Sunday, need new tyres that are trusty. Any recommendations? Ultra Gators are my no.1 choice at present having only had Conti GP4000s and the Mondes previously.

Tynan

Veteran
ultra gators

in four weeks I've had two flats on the road, a total of five holes, three at once on the front (one through and through)

one on the rear and seemingly another on the rear after that on the way home, although that manifested overnight

and the way they tyres had cut up didn't suggest this was bad luck, they seem to slit deeply very easily

and the rear tended to slide out horribly under very little provocation when cornering in the wet, yeah to wet manhole covers but once merely to a bit of rough tarmac, I genuinely thought I was going to fall on two separate occasions in the four wet days last week, that's plain unacceptable in my opinion

strange tyres because so many people rate them but I have to say my experience concurs exactly with those that loathe them

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
cannondale boy said:
ultra gators :blush:...had them, hated them, the worst tyres for punctures in the world!

EDIT: You either hate them or love them...i had one puncture every week when i got them...then it was like 2-3 a week after having the tyres on for a couple of months. The slightest piece of debris thats left on the road, and your snookered! I had hutchisons before, and had no problems with them what so ever. I have conti's right now, and have never let me down quite literally.

I have had them for two years of regular use without problems (apart from a tear in the side wall when riding off road, but they not design to be used that way so I don't feel I can complain about that), most of the time now I don't even bother to go round broken glass, as I can just ride over it without worrying...

Top Bottom