999 miles!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I thought I had reached the magic 1000miles when I went for a ride this morning but it was only 999! The weather forecast is good for the next 2 days in Wales so it shouldn't be a problem to go out again and break the 1000 miles barier before the end of the year.
I am hoping to double it for 2012 but i think it will be my yearly limit from then on.

There's plenty of time before the end of the year :smile:

I fail to understand how anyone could ever finish a ride on 999 ... if I saw that I would just keep on going up and down my road until it ticked over:bicycle::smile:
I know what you mean but sometimes if you have a couple of bikes you don't realise until you get home; I'm sitting here with 7,496.8 miles, whilst I am tempted to got for that 3.2 miles to make it round and would have done so if I realised earlier I think I'll do it another day the roads looked dodgy enough out there in the light; or there is a evening club run :whistle:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I know what you mean but sometimes if you have a couple of bikes you don't realise until you get home; I'm sitting here with 7,496.8 miles, whilst I am tempted to got for that 3.2 miles to make it round and would have done so if I realised earlier I think I'll do it another day the roads looked dodgy enough out there in the light; or there is a evening club run :whistle:

If I got home ... I'd have gone back out again!!! Just to get that magic number.

Brommyboy

Über Member
Reminds me of the time I returned home after a three week tour, with 995 miles on the trip counter: being a very hot day, I had no intention of putting in a loop to make it 1000 miles!

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, that's it,I have done it now!! I have finally reached the 1000 miles mark and hoping for a few more before end of year although I will be away for some of it.
2000 next year should not be a problem, after all , it is only averaging 38.5 miles a week!

Brommyboy

Über Member
... or 5.5 per day!

Top Bottom