A beautifull Scalp (nearly)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You would think at my age I would be beyond this but... spinning up a long bottom gear hill a guy on a Giant looms up behind then passes me, I resist the urge to latch on so offer a good morning and let him go , keep my rythm steady BUT he does appear to be sweating a bit.

Half a mile past the summit there he is getting closer, gradually close the gap then 10 ft from his wheel slip into the big chain ring for a classic easy looking scalp and.... The friggin chain came off.:tongue:

Have adjusted the stop screws now and grown up a bit possibly , perhaps, .Well probably not.

Jmetz

haha brilliant, sounds like a few of my "scalps" where i have imagined the glorious outcome before it has happened, with the reality then turning out to be very different!

ACS

Legendary Member
You would think at my age I would be beyond this but... spinning up a long bottom gear hill a guy on a Giant looms up behind then passes me, I resist the urge to latch on so offer a good morning and let him go , keep my rythm steady BUT he does appear to be sweating a bit.

Half a mile past the summit there he is getting closer, gradually close the gap then 10 ft from his wheel slip into the big chain ring for a classic easy looking scalp and.... The friggin chain came off.:tongue:

Have adjusted the stop screws now and grown up a bit possibly , perhaps, .Well probably not.

My nomination for post of the week

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think my funniest non scalp was on the Edinburgh Bethany Sportive. I was in a wee world of my own just pacing myself up the last major hill at about 95 miles. As I reached the crest I immediately changed up and accelerated away, all I could hear was 'oh bugger' (Victor Meldrew style) some guy must have been behind me in my slipstream or trying to scalp me. I'm a terribble descender and only hit 36.3mph but I never saw him again. I guess you had to be there at the time however :rolleyes:

Top Bottom