a beginer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i had neber been cycle camping/touring , and am surprisingly nervous,(stupid when i look at the things i have done) anyway any other beginers fancy company on some practice trips? 1/2 nights?

MarkF

Guru
i had neber been cycle camping/touring , and am surprisingly nervous,(stupid when i look at the things i have done) anyway any other beginers fancy company on some practice trips? 1/2 nights?

What are you nervous about and how could a companion help? I asked a few pals (no tekers) on my first camping trip to the Yorkshire Dales. It was great and I was grateful that I was alone, I don't think that I'd choose to tour with anybody else, not in the UK anyway. A French speaker would be helpul next month, so if you speak Franch and are up for Bordeaux to Barcelona..............:biggrin:

Brains

Legendary Member
I'd suggest as your first 'tour' you book a place in a camp site within 5-20 miles of home

Cycle there on Saturday, put up the tent, cook the food, sleep the night, pack down the tent, go home via a differnt route

As you unpack at home make a written note of exactly what kit you actually used, as you, like all first timers, you will take twice as much stuff as you need.

Arch

Married to Night Train
A bit of nervousness is quite normal, I think the most difficult part of a tour can be getting out through the garden gate.:smile:

Absolutely. Both my solo tours (B and B/hostel, not camping) have started with a shortish day, and both times I haven't started until noon, just faffing about.

Now, I'm just about contemplating touring Europe alone one day.

Top Bottom