A big anniversary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randochap

Senior hunter
Today is a big anniversary for me. Forty-five years ago, I left the UK and landed in Canada.

As I recount here, I wasn't that impressed to begin with -- always hard to uproot a youngster -- but it grew on me with the discovery of the great outdoors and roads that went on forever.

Anyone else make a big move that turned out well ... or not?

rh100

Happy anniversary Randochap, how is your foot now? I recall you had an accident a while back.

OP
OP
Randochap

Randochap

Senior hunter
Happy anniversary Rando!

How is the recovery going BTW?

Thanks for asking guys. Rather slowly, I'm afraid. Going back for more surgery next month.

Will have time for more writing I guess
smile.gif

HelenD123

Guru
Happy anniversary Randochap! I'm enjoying cycling this great adopted country of yours at the moment. Currently staying with some other ex-pats in Thunder Bay. They've been here since the 80s and couldn't imagine moving back to the UK.

OP
OP
Randochap

Randochap

Senior hunter
Happy anniversary Randochap! I'm enjoying cycling this great adopted country of yours at the moment. Currently staying with some other ex-pats in Thunder Bay. They've been here since the 80s and couldn't imagine moving back to the UK.

Hi, Helen

Thanks! Just noticed this. Back home now after more surgery. Hope your trip has been enjoyable. Did you end up on the West Coast?

On edit: Ah, I see your last post on Crazyguy was from Saskatoon. The best is yet to come ... after Calgary.

jimboalee

I had planned to go on a MidMesh tomorrow. We've a Bank Holiday here.

I'll postpone that and go take a photo of that tree on Pear Tree Lane, if its still there.... ??
I'll take some snaps of Wednesfield and post them too if the council have been round to pick up the curry cartons and chip papers from tonight's drinking elite.

You won't get homesick..

OP
OP
Randochap

Randochap

Senior hunter
Hey, thanks Jimbo!

The tree's long gone. I visit via Google Streetview. Have actually virtually "ridden" my old routes out into Shropshire that way.

Would love to see some up-to-date snaps of Wood End and the village.

Cheers,
Ray

Top Bottom