A big mistake :0)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie and I have just got our first Warmshowers review. I think we made a big mistake.

We are now expecting a deluge of cyclists.

Here is the review left by our young German guest. He was a lovely lad. When he left us he rode 130km in a day on a MTB, with a heavy pack on his back.

Overall Experience:
Positive
Steve and Jannie were wonderful hosts. Their lovely house is beautifully located in the rolling hills some kilometres south of Haderslev. Communication was superb as well and Steve even offered to join me on the home stretch.

When I arrived the late afternoon, they did everything to make me feel comfortable. We had excellent dinner and a fun evening together. They even provided sleeping equipment for me, since I was travelling without airbed and sleeping bag. However, the two are not just fun to hang with, they are experienced cyclists too and provided some incredibly good tips for my future adventures on two wheels.

This was my first ws-experience and I doubt it can get any better :-)
Wish you all the best for your trips and hope to meet you guys again one day.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@steveindenmark i presume the fun evening was a card game or 2 rather than anything a bit saucy

but he sounds happy enough

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Some of my friends are still in humorous disbelief that I stayed with "strangers I met on the internet" through a website name which is but a small step away from an unorthodox sexual predilection.

However, my experience was also very positive, I wrote a suitably glowing review and I can thoroughly recommend both the idea and the reality.
:smile:

MarkF

Guru
What was the "fun" evening together? :whistle:

jim55

Guru
Lol water sports , golden showers , sounds as if it should b on fab swingers or something , did u advertise on tinder lol

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Guys can we stop the sexual innuendos please. Its quite childish.

For those who dont know what Warmshowers is. It is where a host offers a touring cyclist a spare bed, floorspace or somewhere to pitch their tent. They can also offer food, workshop, washing facilities or just information about the area they live in. The choice is yours.

I am planning to go to Scotland later this month and have already been offered 4 places to stay using Warmshowers.

Have a look at the home page and join if you can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom