A bike ride from hell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robertAJB

Nothing happened and we began
drifting. I heard him mutter, “Trouble is, the wind’s liable
to take her”, but I couldn’t reply as by now I was
speechless with fear and had a severe toilet problem.

This is brilliant. Really enjoyable read, thanks for sharing :angry:

samid

Veteran
Crackle said:
Date is irrelevant, I shall read more later. I'm surprised you went up the East Coast and down the West. The argument will rage no doubt but I've always thought the other way around was more with the wind, especially up the West Coast.
Not to steal the thread - but less than a month ago, I rode the Outer Hebrides from Vatersay to Stornoway, 2 days out of 3 against a strong headwind. Took a bit of excitement out of descents :tongue:

To the original poster - so far, I only looked through the photos and read the last few pages - and will definitely read through the whole account when time allows. Thanks for posting this - and I think the fact that it all was many years ago makes the story all the more interesting (but it could be my affection for old bikes too).

(FWIW - I didn't have any problems getting the PDF version from your site.)

I don't care if it is a few years old - it is good reading. I've reserved it as my lunch time read at work for the next few days.

Thanks for posting it.

mike1026

Caycycle,
I would like to read your book but as it is in columns I find it a bit fiddly when I have the text at a size comfortable for me to read. I am having to scroll sideways at the bottom of each column. Is there a version similar to MobiPocket reader, preferably with an auto scroll function or a layout similar to CGOAB Journals?

OP
OP
C

caycycle

mike1026 said:
Caycycle,
I would like to read your book but as it is in columns I find it a bit fiddly when I have the text at a size comfortable for me to read. I am having to scroll sideways at the bottom of each column. Is there a version similar to MobiPocket reader, preferably with an auto scroll function or a layout similar to CGOAB Journals?

Oh dear, I'm not too hot on computers. I designed the pages in landscape format as I felt that would be ideal to display one page at a time. Even now, in my senior years, I have no trouble reading the text, but I realise others might find it difficult without scrolling - I suppose a lot depends on monitor size and individual eyesight. Maybe some computer whizz-kid can suggest a solution. Thanks anyway for your interest.

Top Bottom