A bit disappointed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John-Ellis

Hi all,

My title is a bit miss leading.

I did my second half century today 52 miles which I am very pleased with.

But im disappointed as I set out to do 60 miles, the reason I didnt do 60 miles is google maps gave me part of a route that is private land, no access. To get a route round those roads I would have had to go miles out of my way. So I didnt get to Gainsborough like I planned and my planned route went proper south but I did have a nice ride and the weather was superb.

I hope everyone has enjoyed there bank holiday weekend.

John

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Hi all,

My title is a bit miss leading.

I did my second half century today 52 miles which I am very pleased with.

But im disappointed as I set out to do 60 miles, the reason I didnt do 60 miles is google maps gave me part of a route that is private land, no access. To get a route round those roads I would have had to go miles out of my way. So I didnt get to Gainsborough like I planned and my planned route went proper south but I did have a nice ride and the weather was superb.

I hope everyone has enjoyed there bank holiday weekend.

John

You got time to do another swift 8 calling into home your 'pitstop'?

OP
OP
John-Ellis

John-Ellis

Ha ha I did think of that but the wife made me a cup of tea and got my lounger out so once I got my feet up that was pretty much that.

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
Ha ha I did think of that but the wife made me a cup of tea and got my lounger out so once I got my feet up that was pretty much that.

I was like that the other day when somebody pointed out my 61 and a bit miles was something very close (.3 mile I think) short of a metric century, but by then I'd had my bath and was chilling out :smile:

Top Bottom