A Bit Foggy This Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Very foggy on my in this morning, down to 100 metres in places and it seemed all the street lights went off early today. Everything became damp and my road bike brakes are sh!t when the rims are wet but then I was using koolstop black pads, meant for the dry.

Still drivers being extra cautious, glad I had the Dinotte 400R as the other lights, superflash 1w/blackburn 3 were not much use in fog when it's not actually dark.

akb

Veteran
I didnt cycle in this morning due to the fog, was very thick in places and never cycled in the fog before.

Apart from being extra cautious and maybe dropping the speed slightly, any other tips for fog riding? And does the same apply in the dark?

Sorry to highjack the thread, I thought pointless creating another fog related thread :biggrin:

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I would imagine alot of cyclists will be put off cycling in fog because they do not have fog lights and normal bike lights are no good. I'm not sure if there is any laws relating to cycling in fog and it is mentioned in Cyclecraft but I need to read that section again. Probably more rear observation and being more cautious about using primary.

I am fortunate not to have to commute on fast roads, generally 30mph but have two long 40mph sections, the first being very wide single carriageway, could easily be two lanes and the second a lightly trafficked dual carriageway.

It does help to have expensive rear light, my Dinotte is over £150 and without it I would have to think very seriously about whether or not to ride in fog.

Radman

Apart from being really cold this morning (6am) there was a 100 mtr stretch of country road where the fog and mist engulfed the whole road,just happened to be a stretch of the road where there is no lighting so it was a bit dicey for a mo but on the whole just really cold .

Top Bottom