A Bridgestone folding bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eli Shi

A Bridgestone folding bike.

Hi, there! First I want to say that my English is very poor and I don't know much about this community. Please forgive me if there is any inappropriate expression.🥲😊
mmexport1648264254110.jpg

As you can see in the picture, this is my bike. My father bought it five years ago at an imported second-hand bicycle market. We don't know the model of this bike but the experience of riding this bike is great so we bought it for about 190$.
For the first three years I owned it I used it to ride 8km every day to and from school. But it has been kept in the warehouse for the past two years and has not been used.
mmexport1648264255481.jpg

It comes with seven-speed shifting and two damping systems, and the brakes are decent.
The black brackets and baskets on the back of the bike were modified by my dad a long time ago. These two parts greatly affect my riding experience: when passing through bumpy roads, the black bracket at the back will collide with the main frame near the seat that is deformed by the shock absorption system. And the distance between the basket and the seat is too close, which makes it uncomfortable to ride. And because of long-term storage, many places begin to rust. So I want to remodel this bike, remove the original black bracket and basket, and then install a new one.
If you have any suggestions to the remodel, please reply. It would be very appreciated.

ExBrit

Ãœber Member
Hi Eli, I can see the basket would whack the back of the saddle on every pothole and it's only half on the rack so I would get rid of that. I'm surprised that the rack would strike the seatpost (I think that's what you're saying). It looks pretty horrendous, though, so I'd be looking for a nicer looking rack. Maybe a stiffer suspension (is it the kind that you put air in?).

I would upgrade the rear derailleur, replace the cassette and chain (although it looks rusty rather than worn). Give the frame a good clean with metal polish. Other than that, the bike looks pretty sweet. I reckon your Dad got a good deal.

PS. Nice bell

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You could upgrade the derailleur and rear freewheel (it’s likely a freewheel and not a cassette as stated above) but I wouldn’t think it’s strictly necessary if working well. Just clean and oil the chain. You could change the cables, for the brakes too, grease the new ones. Does look like you’ll need a new saddle though. :smile: I should change out those cheap tyres for some better ones with puncture protection.
As well as your carrier/basket mods I’d say you’d be set.

Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom