A British U-23 world champion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
What a fantasic result, first race abroad as well.

I watched that live. In the interview after, she said she wasn't sure where she was but doesn't like riding in a group, so pulled away. You could see the Italian girl she passed giving her a real, who the feck are you, look.

U

User169

And a bike impounded for further investigation of possible fraud - intriguing! (Not Richards, btw)

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Belgian media seem to have knowledge that Belgian rider Femke Van den Driessche had a motor in the downtube and BB. She DNF'd the race with a "mechanical".

Interesting to see what punishment gets handed out, if this gets officially confirmed.

Technological fraud is an infringement to article 1.3.010. Technological fraud is materialised by:

"The presence, within or on the margins of a cycling competition, of a bicycle that does not comply with the provisions of article 1.3.010. The use by a rider, within or on the margins of a cycling competition, of a bicycle that does not comply with the provisions of article 1.3.010. All teams must ensure that all their bicycles are in compliance with the provisions of article 1.3.010. Any presence of a bicycle that does not comply with the provisions of article 1.3.010, within or on the margins of a cycling competition, constitutes a technological fraud by the team and the rider.

"All riders must ensure that any bicycle that they use is in compliance with the provisions of article 1.3.010. Any use by a rider of a bicycle that does not comply with the provisions of article 1.3.010, within or on the margins of a cycling competition, constitutes a technological fraud by the team and the rider.
Any technological fraud shall be sanctioned as follows:

1. Rider: disqualification, suspension of a minimum of six months and a fine of between CHF 20'000 and CHF 200’000.
2. Team: disqualification, suspension of a minimum of six months and a fine of between CHF 100'000 and CHF 1’000’000.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Excuse is in (from journo Jose Been on twitter)

"It wasn't Femke's bike but from someone who occasionally trains with her taking it to pit." http://m.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20160130_02099962?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dlvr&utm_campaign=twitterfeed…

Edit: That quote (supposedly from the riders father) doesn't seem to actually be present in the link. Grain of salt, for now.

Is this the first ''bike doping'' case to have been found? (Assuming it has been found.)
Saw something on twitter about a French amateur triathlete some years ago.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
The Belgian Cycle authority has seemingly confirmed this to the news source Rasmus posted...

Key word there being "minimum". I would hope for more - 6 months of off-season suspension doesn't make much sense.
I had a WTF moment as well..

Excuse is in (from journo Jose Been on twitter)

Saw something on twitter about a French amateur triathlete some years ago.
I'm sure a re run of the race footage could confirm this?

I left my bike and somebody spiked it....:rolleyes:

Top Bottom