A Bus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Had a great ride.
Did about 28 miles, a little extra than normal i decided to put a little extra in.
A big shortage in traffic, which i like on the flats and uphill. However i miss it on the downhills for the filtering. I always like some filtering.
Was about 1mile from home when it went sour.
A corner I thought was wide enough for safe overtakes so i stuck to secondary.
A Bus tries to overtake and pulls in on me. I then sharply move left into the bus stop for safety.
The bus drove right over where I would have been.
Would hate to take that bus on a corner where a bus stop was not there, it wouldn't have turned out well for me. 100% sure knock off.
Close call.
Well im not staying in secondary when that comer again :rolleyes:

Well calm down and carry on.

Good thing no one wanted to get off at the next bus stop. The encounter would be I suspect ungentlemanly like :laugh:

Biker Joe

Über Member
Phew! Close call.
Don't know if a call to the bus company might do any good?
Keep safe.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Phew! Close call.
Don't know if a call to the bus company might do any good?
Keep safe.
I gave them a quick email.

The person said it was sent to the depot under urgent for a internal investigate. Also it was sated they take incidents like these very seriously.
I asked my dad and he said its standard for the company for any complaint. (He used to work there)
So i am just waiting for the full report. I suspect the cameras on the bus and also my video footage should stop the driver from claiming something untrue(if he did). Removes the he said she said.

Biker Joe

Über Member
I gave them a quick email.

The person said it was sent to the depot under urgent for a internal investigate. Also it was sated they take incidents like these very seriously.
I asked my dad and he said its standard for the company for any complaint. (He used to work there)
So i am just waiting for the full report. I suspect the cameras on the bus and also my video footage should stop the driver from claiming something untrue(if he did). Removes the he said she said.

Good for you. Nice one.:thumbsup:
Lets hope they sort the driver out

thom

____
Looks a little like the driver was trying to time an overtake just after oncoming traffic passed which ended up on the corner. Having committed to the speedy overtake ... he then encountered more oncoming traffic than expected which he avoided by moving back and across your path, slowing also to make it between the parked car and oncoming traffic.
It was an odd place to overtake given the 2 junctions, one with a car requiring attention, and the bend whose curve obscured the second line of traffic, partly due to the parked car.
Not good driving - glad you were skilled enough not to have ended up in a collision.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
No excuse for it, really. Plenty of cyclists out there also poor at following rules, but this looked like a simple lack of the requisite patience that should be found in a bus driver . I'm both a cyclist and a bus driver .

Top Bottom