A.C.F...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'A Comfortable Feeling'. That's what I get from seeing emojis in action, and now they are becoming "mainstream".
"Hip, hip hooray!" :hyper:
Of course, there are folk who don't like them but surely they are few and far between; superior beings perhaps who feel their presence taints artful prose? :sad:
One had better get used to emoticons :smile: being an integrated part :smooch: of our lives because the Guardian article says so.
Thank you, Shaun - if you didn't offer the opportunity, the forum would surely be a sadder, less forgiving place?

winjim

Smash the cistern
:-/

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Don't_Feed_the_Troll.jpe

anothersam

SMIDSMe
One had better get used to emoticons :smile: being an integrated part :smooch: of our lives because the Guardian article says so.
"Last month I was tasked with…" did not bode well, but I finished the article to land at the end, where the Guardian very properly informs the reader that Media Tech Network content is editorially independent except for pieces labelled "Brought to you by". This wasn't so labelled, so I will have to take them at their word it was a commissioned piece, in which case, wow. The digital strategy manager at iProspect is just doing her job, which must involve a large side order of product placement to go with the byline placement and cheerleading of trendy flashy young things.

Ancient civilisations used pictograms; perhaps the only thing that stopped them from founding Instagram was they were hampered by their ancientness. There truly is very little new under the sun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom