A Canadian with vintage bicycles and a Trimaran Looking for advice from the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2flit

Regular
A warm hello from New Zealand,
I am a Canadian on a circumnavigation with bicycles on board (1973 Jim Merz and TI-Cycles S&S Coupled) and seeking help from this forum participants on gaining the provenance of a 1950's or 60's UK Lightweight frame that I am considering restoring. I am hoping that someone here will recognize this very unique 'Cable Stayed' frame with a 73cm seat tube and be able to help in contacting the former owner who resided at 53 Gilkes Crescent, London SE21 7BP London area. What area should I post this in the hopes of reaching a London clubber who might recognize the frame?

s-l1600 (9).jpg

Mod Note:
welcome to CC @2flit :welcome:
I have posted your query in the vintage section, edited the thread slightly for better responses.
Pat from the mods team.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome: It seems like Pat has already reposted your question in the Vintage & Classic Bikes section.

OP
OP
2flit

2flit

Regular
Pat,
That is so very kind of you, Thank-you
Hopefully someone here will recognize this frame (even though it wears a horrible coat of paint and has been sorely mistreated)
This will be my second English built frame. The first is a Holdsworth built frame that was sold under the importers moniker, The "Harding" Bicycle Shop in Santa Monica California. This frame is the first bicycle I ever owned and was given to me as a birthday gift by my father when I was 12 years old, I was six feet tall then and the frame is still barely ridable 25" seat tube for me.
I am interested in this cable stayed frame because it would fit me well with the 650b tires I suspect it was designed for, and I need a project when we return to Canada for a break from all the sailing and boat repairs.
I have a post here on another one of my bicycles here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/1968-rene-herse-gentlemans-light-hiker.283204/#post-6657684
I am amazed at the kindness shown a complete stranger to this forum and your UK world, Thanks for you assistance reposting,
John M.
Whangarei, New Zealand
(on a Farrier F36/39)

Top Bottom