A complete waste of time?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Reminds me of Viv Stanshall's Sir Henry at Rawlinson End:

"Hubert was unusual. In his adolescence, during the summer, in a northerly direction parallel to the Earthly axis, he would throw himself naked onto the lawn, and with that loathsome bluey Roman clock face tattooed about his private parts, think about Jean Harlow very hard, and from the shadow cast, tell the time with remarkable accuracy.
"Look! No hands, Aunty!" he would screech.
In the winter, he tried with birthday candles stuck in the end: was hours slow, and Henry told him to put a sock on the sun-dial bit."
Ah, Old Scrotum, The Wrinkled Retainer. A great film.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Hover fly has just spent the afternoon working out a table showing how long his shadow should be, from the height of the sun and his own height, for various times of day, 2 metres underlined in red.

This is definitely approved activity.

We have spent an evening measuring the height of each others ears, and head circumference to record in the lock down diary.

One day, historians will find all this stuff fascinating :okay:

Julia9054

Guru
Been experimenting with “best place to park my bike“ shadow photography. More difficult than it looks. My best effort so far but will keep trying as not really happy with this one.
I‘m very bored too!

Has he confirmed his theory by experiment?
Yes. The difficult part is getting the next person in the queue to stand on just the right line, from the sun to my head to their feet.

Top Bottom