A conversation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Today Postman and Mrs P were out for a walk.One for exercise and going for a meeting and brew.We were on the pavement talking,when a Range Rover left the road front wheel riding over a raised kerb and double yellow lines.It continued to drive towards us but stopped because we had not moved out of its way.Mrs P is now inches from its bumper.She throws open her arms with palms open and upturned a gesture saying what the fook.She speaks to the driver you are on the pavement I know he says I am looking for a parking space,not on the pavement surely replies Mrs P he replied foot off,Mrs P got angry I said walk away.if it's still here when we get back photo it,she said I will do more than that,he was gone when we came back two hours layer.What a prick driving on a pavement whilst two pedestrians were using it.Motorists I give up.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Unbelievable arrogance and self entitled nature of it!

presta

Guru
I had a guy pull alongside, moving left as he went, and barge me off the path into someone's front yard once. I couldn't be bothered arguing with him.

On another occasion, I had a Transit van swerve onto the pavement at ~30mph, and drive at me deliberately. There was nowhere to jump out of the way, and the blokes inside were hooting with laughter as they swerved back onto the road at the last instant.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It's a robust 4x4, built for use off-road. What do you expect?

TBH, I also despair at the arrogant self-entitled behaviour of many of the shiny new 4x4 status symbol brigade, and also some shocking destructive, anti-social and illegal behaviour in the rural environ by the red neck brigade in their much cheaper, older, badly maintained, polluting 4x4 vehicles that have resulted from the popularity of the 4x4 as a fashion accessory in recent decades.

It embarrasses me a little to be an owner of something from the land rover product line when I witness or hear of such activity, but then again, as a responsible law-abiding owner, I also know the 'They're giving us a bad name' argument doesn't stack up as there are completely un-caring braindead individuals in all walks of life so I do not have to accept being tarred with the same brush as these idiots!

mustang1

Guru
I had a guy pull alongside, moving left as he went, and barge me off the path into someone's front yard once. I couldn't be bothered arguing with him.

On another occasion, I had a Transit van swerve onto the pavement at ~30mph, and drive at me deliberately. There was nowhere to jump out of the way, and the blokes inside were hooting with laughter as they swerved back onto the road at the last instant.

I wonder if someone will be asking soon to say "can drivers are all the same" like "range rover drivers are all the same" ?

@postman , that driver has the same first name as a certain Mr D Turpin.

Typical Leeds

tyred

Legendary Member
It happens all the time sadly. Happened to me at three times this year so far.

During the summer, I walked out of a shop door on a wide stretch of pavement and nearly got wiped out by an Audi SUV being driven down the pavement at a decent speed. Scared the life out of me but I didn't expect anything to be driving on the pavement when I walked out of the shop. :evil:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Walking from my flat to my car or vice versa is quite often dangerous. Transit van deliveries to the MOT place across the road means most park way over half way on the supposed safe pavement. I've been doored while walking on the pavement by passengers in such vehicles and even had some blast their horns to say "get a move on, or get out of my way"! 🧐

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This happened yesterday.
In a ferry assembly point there are 5 lanes. I was directed into lane2 and when we start to move I get intercepted to move over into lane 3 with one car left in it as it is the queue for the passenger lift. Some idiot in lane 4 waits until I am approaching from behind and throws open their car door. Fortunately I had my foot hovering over the brake pedal so they escaped with a bit of horn blowing from me and inaudible swear words from the car marshal.:ohmy:

Top Bottom