A couple of firsts..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all

Had some minor surgery at the beginning of September, so had been laid up quite a while, which was gutting as I had my new bike all ready for action just sat in the house. Anyhow, with the promise of good weather last Sunday I decided the time had come........

Wheeled out my new baby, a Carrera Vanquish (Don't mock :biggrin:), and donned my new shoes. Yep. I was gonna ride "clipless"!! A new bike, and some new shoes. Just about as exciting as my life ever gets :smile:.

Loved riding the Vanquish. My first experience of carbon forks, and I really felt the difference. As for going clipless, I felt totally "dialled-in" on the bike, and even managed to avoid falling off although I'm sure my time will come :biggrin:.

My big downfall, however, was failing to appreciate just how unfit I'd become in those half-dozen weeks. I tried my old favourite circuit which takes me from Bewdley to Bridgnorth and back on the other side of the valley. About 38 miles. No great shakes for you lot, but an epic voyage for me. Anyhow, it nearly killed me. I set off much too quickly and by the time I got to about 25 miles I was totally sh^gged. The last section was just tortuous :sad:.

Anyhow, all in all, I am just really glad to be back in the saddle again. The Vanquish managed to put a really big smile on my face, and I can't wait to do it again. Without the torture preferably though..........:biggrin:

All the best, Andy

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Could you have caught the train back to Bewdley, seeing as how it runs in school holidays?

OP
OP
B

BilboSmeggins

Veteran
Speicher said:
Could you have caught the train back to Bewdley, seeing as how it runs in school holidays?

What? With my bibshorts on? I look quite ridiculous ON my bike. Take me out of context, and I'm the funniest sight you ever did see. I'd rather crawl home on my belly via the back roads than face the laughing hordes......... :biggrin:

Top Bottom