A cyclist again, almost....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cadire

Hi everyone!

I already posted in the introduction thread but thought I would say hello in my own thread also :smile:

I ordered a Giant New Escape City for home delivery and setup, but unfortunately what Giant sent my local dealer was an Escape 2 (in a different colour too!). I didn't find this out until the guy took it out of his van (I opted for home delivery so that I could get used to riding a bike again without endangering myself, road users or stray horses).

So, it's been taken back to have the extra bits fitted (hopefully) and I *may* be getting it re-delivered later today, we'll see...

I now realise that what I *should* have done was actually go along to the local dealer and buy it from him, rather than order online for delivery to him... lesson learned there for sure.

So, almost-but-not-quite-there :smile:

Barry

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome: Barry
I'm sure you'll soon be rolling along!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
:welcome: to CC. Pictures are a mandatory thing on this forum. Thought I would mention it before you get nagged :laugh:
Happy riding and I hope that your bike arrives today and you can get out on it before it rains later.

OP
OP
Cadire

Cadire

IMG_20150518_132306.jpg
:welcome: to CC. Pictures are a mandatory thing on this forum. Thought I would mention it before you get nagged :laugh:
Happy riding and I hope that your bike arrives today and you can get out on it before it rains later.

Well my local bike dealer, Stort Valley Cycles, did a great job and supplied me with a Giant Escape 2 complete with the 'City' extras (mudguards, rack, bell, stand, that sort of thing). I'm very impressed with them indeed. Giant also replied saying that the wrong code had been applied to the City Escape but waived the extra £50 cost as it was wholly their fault, so all good there :smile:

It's been peeing down here so I've not had a chance to go out on it, other than a quick lap of the estate to check saddle height.... but here's a pic of it in my front room.
IMG_20150518_132306.jpg

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome also don't worry your self to much this lesson will stand you in good stead for when you purchase number 2 bike and number 3 etc.

Hi everyone!

I already posted in the introduction thread but thought I would say hello in my own thread also :smile:

I ordered a Giant New Escape City for home delivery and setup, but unfortunately what Giant sent my local dealer was an Escape 2 (in a different colour too!). I didn't find this out until the guy took it out of his van (I opted for home delivery so that I could get used to riding a bike again without endangering myself, road users or stray horses).

So, it's been taken back to have the extra bits fitted (hopefully) and I *may* be getting it re-delivered later today, we'll see...

I now realise that what I *should* have done was actually go along to the local dealer and buy it from him, rather than order online for delivery to him... lesson learned there for sure.

So, almost-but-not-quite-there :smile:

Barry
Welcome to CC. Stray sheep i have encountered but never ( thankfully ) stray horses.

Top Bottom