A D-Lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Saw what was labelled as a Kryptonite lock on a cycle stand a few days ago; the shackle had been neatly cut through. :dry:
Even sold secure gold d-locks can be cut with angle grinders. The bigger/better ones can't be cut with even big bolt cutters though and that's part of the sold secure rating.

The Litelok and the big Hiplok locks are resistant to angle grinders due to other materials they include in the shackle. Resistant, not proof of course.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Saw what was labelled as a Kryptonite lock on a cycle stand a few days ago; the shackle had been neatly cut through. :dry:

Depends if it's a cheap one. Mine will take out a Challenger Tank ! I wasn't going to say a Soviet T42, as a mere feather can take them out. :whistle:

I have 2 d-locks - one a small gold rated kryptonite and one I got from Wilco before they went bust

The Wilco one works well and my house insurance only says that the bike needs to be lock to something sold
so I use that one when I go out - plus one or two cable locks so I can put them round anything I need to

I generally don't leave them anywhere risky anyway - or for any length of time - so 3 locks including a d-lock should do - and if not them I claim on the insurance and it's New Bike Time!!

Top Bottom