A depressing weekend for English Sport...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graham56

Guru
Tetedelacourse said:
:rolleyes: you've seen through my elaborate facade.

Aha! a member of the secretive White Heather Club outted. :rolleyes:;)

col

Legendary Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
it's a shame hamilton didnt win...but hey..he's just a kid and still has to pay his dues I suppose.

He was very unlucky wasnt he,just one point between them.Makes you think if he hadnt had any gearbox trouble doesnt it?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Hamilton may still be world champion!

The FIA are investigating alleged fuel irregularities on three of the cars that finished in front of Hamilton. If the allegations are proved and the drivers are disqualified Hamilton becomes world champion.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Smokin Joe said:
Hamilton may still be world champion!

The FIA are investigating alleged fuel irregularities on three of the cars that finished in front of Hamilton. If the allegations are proved and the drivers are disqualified Hamilton becomes world champion.
Not really the same though is it, winning by default.

It was a fantastic race. I was never bothered who won. (I never am, I just like the racing.) But I've never really liked McLaren people, they always seem so faceless and dull, so I was pretty chuffed when Kimi won it. I thought he deserved it too.
I'm sure Lewis H is a nice bloke - he made a point of speaking to us lowly scritineers in Bahrain earlier this year - but the "Lewisteria" that's gripped the sport this year has really made me support everyone else. I get fed up with the commentators analysing everything that happens on track in terms of "how this will affect Hamilton".

col

Legendary Member
Blimey,i didnt see that,as soon as the race finished i went and did something else,fingers crossed eh.

Valiant

Veteran
Depressing? I didn't think so. It made me feel proud the way we got stuck in, granted we made some mistakes but SA were the better team, and feel bad or not, we've come a long way since the beginning of the tournament.
Our determination and spirit was uplifting, we fought to the last seconds. That's admirable.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The presence of the England team in the final was a great achievement, considering their poor start: a lesson to all about what grit and determination can do. Shame about the lineouts in the final. Anyway, would the English as a nation have been able to psychologically cope with winning something twice on the trot?

Good that the England football team lost. I have an ongoing dream that because they keep losing everything, public interest will wane and football will eventually vanish from the telly and papers. (No harm in dreaming.)

F1, while it undoubtedly involves some skill, surely cannot be classed as a sport. It's the same as that horse jumping mullarkey and horse racing, where the vehicle does all the work. Anyway, it only encourages brain deaded petrol headedness. In short, who cares?

Top Bottom