A Facebook Page In Appreciation Of Merseyside Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not sure how many fellow cc'ers now that earlier in the year i created a facebook page with help from @DonSchwann to find out info on Ian May Cycles , but in all fairness we failed to attract much traffic and information .
So over the last week or two i have decided to re name the page In Appreciation Of Merseyside Bikes so please feel free to go and have a look and leave us a comment and like along with any pictures you want to post

DonSchwann

We'd love to see some photos of your Liverpool made bikes and any stories you have with your steeds. :smile:

All contributions welcome from owners of Quinns, Fothergills, Tierneys, Whitcombs, Coppells, Ian Mays, Dave Lloyds etc … let's see your steel beauties!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
We'd love to see some photos of your Liverpool made bikes and any stories you have with your steeds. :smile:

All contributions welcome from owners of Quinns, Fothergills, Tierneys, Whitcombs, Coppells, Ian Mays, Dave Lloyds etc … let's see your steel beauties!
Just spotted this post as it was bounced up. I'm curious about the Whitcombs reference because there used to be a Witcombs down in Deptford (still see a few around) but I've never heard of one with an h in it.

DonSchwann

Just spotted this post as it was bounced up. I'm curious about the Whitcombs reference because there used to be a Witcombs down in Deptford (still see a few around) but I've never heard of one with an h in it.

Billy Whitcomb with an H - one of Harry Quinn's frame builders. He later left to make his own frames - nothing to do with the Deptford Witcomb!

2uhn2ut.jpg

As to why have the page, well that's a weird one. Why have this one, for that matter? Because it's a cool place to share, pass on knowledge, ogle other people's bikes and generally chew the fat… It's the Internet, dude, and you're searching for a why? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Top Bottom