A few of it cleaned up in the sun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coco69

Veteran
20160325_125216.jpg
20160325_125233.jpg
20160325_125241.jpg
20160325_125311.jpg
20160325_125328.jpg
20160325_125319.jpg
20160325_125352.jpg
Ok ive bored everyone with my new bike but its my 1st downshift bike in nearly 40 years.
Its basically mint and rides like it just left the factory.
So now after a 20miler i have set it up comfy for me but just a few niggles
The brake blocks need upgrading...any suggestions.
Saddle may have to be changed...thinking brooks b17?
Wheels are great but i think will be even better when the mavics are on.
I originally bought it to put a more modern campag 10 speed groupset on...not sure

Last edited:

Lonestar

Veteran
Very nice...I've got downshifters on the Audax and I think they are great 80's retro...Brake gearing to Shimano 105 (if podd) or does that defeat the object?

Never really liked those types of brake gear when i had them,the brakes were always crap...

Depending on where you leave it...I wouldn't go for an expensive saddle in case someone wanted to nick it...but as I say this depends where you leave it...Toeclips for SPD's unless you want to keep it 80's...

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Jeez that's nice! I'd be yelling from the rooftops if it were mine!

Brake blocks - go for koolstop Salmons, you'll probably need to get 105/ultegra etc holders for them. I'd use koolstop black on the rear.

I'd keep the original wheels if OK, they just look right!
I'd keep all the running hear until it wears out ....

Where's tve deeply envious smiley?

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
Thanks for comments..im just getting used to using downshifts but great fun...blocks needed asap as i found out yesterday plus the squealing isnt doing my titinus any good.

very nice indeed

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
That looks great. I agree with @Fab Foodie about the wheels, they really set it off I think, no way I'd be changing them unless I had to. Personally not too keen on the white bar tape, looks super comfy though.

Top Bottom