A first for me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

urbanrider

Well i have done my first 100 miles in a week :smile: my ride to work is about 10 miles each way, been riding on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays but last week rode everyday my computer says 102 miles, i know its not much to some, but feel dam pleased with that :ohmy::biggrin: legs do feel bloody tried today

u.R

ash68

yeh, well done urban rider,enjoy setting targets myself and doesn't it feel good when you reach them.As you say some do much greater mileages and good on them but what's that saying about acorns and oaktrees? We've all got to start somewhere, your mileage will be more than alot of the population could do,Good on ya mate:smile::smile:

Pete

Well done, onwards and upwards! A 400-mile or even 500-mile month should now be easily within your reach. I would like to have a 10-mile e/w commute, but the geography is against me (it's about 2 miles, and honestly I don't fancy a 10-mile loop just for the hell of it first thing in the morning! I go for a short spin most lunchtimes). With my back as it is (mostly OK, but complains sometimes) I'm satisfied with that.

Ironically, it was my reply to a thread with exactly the same title as yours (on that occasion proclaiming a first 100-mile single ride), on a different forum, that led to a sequence of events ending with things going tits-up for me vis-a-vis that forum. But this comment of mine is totally OT, sorry! - history won't repeat itself.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Well done that man. Now build on it - first by consolidating your new distance and then (maybe in the Spring) add more miles. ;):becool:

I find having goals like that really helps me keep going:biggrin:. It can be too easy to not bother sometimesxx(.

515mm

congrats!

Did my first official? 100mile week last week. 112 BTW. Jolly sore legs I had too. Funny, they weren't so sore after this week's 112miles.......

OP
OP
urbanrider

urbanrider

stevenb said:
Nice one......thats a lot of miles....
I really wanna get another road bike....must save up....:biggrin:

I Don't ride a road bike I ride a giant M1 MTB ;) (non sus) but its really suited to the road, but i also wish to get a road bike next spring ;)

yenrod

You wanna bet ! Thats pretty good....

Euro pro season on the horizon next year is there ;) - keep that going thru' winter and you'll be in orbit never mind flying ! (racing)

: Just read you've done that on an MTB :biggrin:

urbanrider said:
Well i have done my first 100 miles in a week ;) my ride to work is about 10 miles each way, been riding on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays but last week rode everyday my computer says 102 miles, i know its not much to some, but feel dam pleased with that :laugh::biggrin: legs do feel bloody tried today

u.R

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well done that man.... since getting back to commuting, I've only missed 3 days in 7 weeks and those were due to 'engagements'. So much better than the car, and I actually enjoy the trip. I too do 10 miles each way - nice distance as you can usually get to the office without getting too wet when it's raining.

Top Bottom