A fitted camera in your taxi is like... an offensive advert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Taxi-ad-.jpg

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...nti-cycling-ad-yet-155582#KcGsm81jGOVI6VLt.99

Just wowsers

classic33

Leg End Member
Some councils are insisting they be fitted as part of the conditions of the licence.
Some insurance companies as well.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Only on the grounds of the yellow cycle helmet...and maybe the funny hairpiece...and the taxidriver should be wearing a tie and have you seen how he trying to avoid detection by not having a registration number.

On the good side, the cyclist does not have a GoPro.

The write up says that camera footage can be good evidential value but I have yet to find a named case where camera footage from a cyclist has been admissible in court.

Its not offensive but Westminster Insurance must have been paying monkeys because it is cheap and nasty.

classic33

Leg End Member
Only on the grounds of the yellow cycle helmet...and maybe the funny hairpiece...and the taxidriver should be wearing a tie and have you seen how he trying to avoid detection by not having a registration number.

On the good side, the cyclist does not have a GoPro.

The write up says that camera footage can be good evidential value but I have yet to find a named case where camera footage from a cyclist has been admissible in court.

Its not offensive but Westminster Insurance must have been paying monkeys because it is cheap and nasty.
Magnatom had helmet camera footage used in court as evidence, the last part of last year.

Back to the ad itself, and the narrative in that photo - "Poor innocent taxi driver needs help to defend himself against cyclist who viciously crushed himself under the taxi wheels"

But these cameras may be good for us. If they are insurance mandated, then presumably they can't tamper with them, or it will invalidate their insurance. So even if the accident is the driver's fault, the film will still be available as evidence.

Last edited:

Dan B

Disengaged member
Last person I'd want with me in the car is a barrister.
Why, don't they tip well?

The ad is well dodgy, but so is the rest of the comic it's printed in. On the bright side, more cameras in taxis hopefully means faster claims settlement and fewer counterclaims when cabbies crash into cyclists, so any attempt to encourage their use is probably a good thing

Top Bottom