...a frame waiting for a build...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
avecReynolds531

avecReynolds531

Veteran
I love that frame - please consider gold lug lining :wub:
Thanks Carpenter, much appreciated. Gold lug lining absolutely considered & was my first idea too:smile: As an aside, the filing & finishing of the lugs is really sharp & fine - the frame's had a lot of compliments for the quality of it's construction.

The Classic Frame Builders page (at Classic Lightweights) is, in my view, probably one of best pages on the internet - showcasing the brilliance, depth of talent and history of the great framebuilders: http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/builders.html

I used to work just round the corner from Bill Gray*'s last place of work in London: I'd never meet him but - if the Wakefield is one of his frames as thought most likely to be - to be looking after a special piece of frame building history is a privilege.

* 'one of Britain’s top framebuilders of the classic era and whose work, whilst less well known than others who built under their own name, is no less well regarded by those in the know.'

OP
OP
avecReynolds531

avecReynolds531

Veteran

As a p.s. to this frame's unusual down tube braze ons pictured here,

& in close up...

I've had help from a poster at another forum, who kindly tracked down this page of the Campagnolo 1953 catalogue.
Parts 611/1 and 600/1 shown as the down tube braze ons.
It's good to solve a little history mystery:smile:

Top Bottom