A Fyne Cowal 200 - 26 June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Rode this 200k yesterday.

One of the best, most scenically beautiful rides it is surely possible to do :biggrin:. Enough clouds to keep us comfortable, no rain, only a little head wind on the run down past Loch Eck :biggrin:, when the sun had come out. Absolutely gorgeous scenery all the time.

What was the ride like ? A great 28k bunch run to the ferry at McInroy Point, where I was amazed to see my 'puter showed an average speed of 30kph :wacko:. A short ferry trip to Hunter's Quay, then some great riding 'up the chevrons' towards Stronafian; down to a tearoom at Tighnabruaich, on round to Millhouse, more chevrons towards Otter Ferry, then the real climb of the day - over the C11 road (they still have some C grade roads, apparently :smile:) to Glendaruel, then a very lo-o-ng draggy slog (gently uphill) to Strachur, to Cairndow for a meal, then the run back all the way down the A815 to Sandbank and the ferry, which was obligingly just arriving as we rolled up :biggrin:.

We had expected the Gourock back to Bishopton section to be a real slog but, as the sun was out, there were 3 of us riding together and the wind was - well not in our faces :bravo: - it turned into a lovely cruise at about 28kph (much to my surprise :ohmy:)

A fabulous ride - surely one of the best I have ever done and thoroughly recommended for the future. The Organiser said he might run it next year or the year after.

Definitely one to put in the diary when it is announced ! :thumbsup:.

You will gather I had a good day out :laugh:

Seamab

Thanks Scoosh - sounds great. Sorry to have missed it.

So Eck's now had a loch named after him? I'm sure it's well deserved:smile:

Top Bottom