A grand day out!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

neslon

I did the Northern Rock Cyclone today (the 100k) with my kid brother and it was fantastic. The weather was perfect, the views terrific and the company excellent. Saw a few of your shirts on the run (mine was the hideous yellow/lime green/blue Marbella kit). As I got home, there was a hot bath ready, then out to an afternoon tea birthday party in Low Hauxley, a tiny village on the Northumbrian coast. The theme was CAKE and there were 23 different types. I gulped them down until I felt sick, then drank wine until I was taken home.

Its a hard life!!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Nice one neslon... I was there too, 62 mile version... prob'ly one of the shirts you saw (the black CC version, I was on red giant ocr4) A great day, as you say, great weather and good company on the ride ... nice to (briefly) meet fellow CCer Chris James... saw one accident, which wasn't pretty... didn't see anyone with a p*nct*re, which I thought I would! Didn't get one myself either, despite hitting a pothole at speed near Forestburn Gate... a great day, anyway, and I still had energy to cycle 13 miles home... might do the 100 miler next yr!

Top Bottom