A great find.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Every time I see or think of a tandem I think of the Goodies.

Goodies Fact:

There were two different Goodies 'Trandems'. In the first series, they had very little budget, so the third seat was just bolted on behind the stoker seat and had no pedals only foot pegs. Bill Oddie had this seat and the geometry mean he was actually sitting behind the rear hub. The thing was almost unridable, and if you watch you'll see that they are never shown doing more than a few yards on it, usually wobbling.

In subsequent series, they had more money, and had a proper Triplet built, and the length of riding sequences increased, because it was actually rideable.

I'm hopeless on a tandem - too much of a control freak to stoke, too short and weak to hold the thing up and captain. If NT and I were to tandem, we'd need a tandem recumbent trike, which I could captain,

I have been on the back of a triplet for a photoshoot, and screamed most of the time. It was especially flexy, and we weren't helped by a seatpost bolt shearing, meaning the middle ride swivelled as he pedalled.

Enjoy your find Chris!

MattHB

Proud Daddy
We are fortunate enough to have our own road bikes too if it does'nt work out,i'm thinking of adding mirrors................nothing to do with road safety i just want to keep an eye on her and make sure she'll be pedalling hard^_^
My mate puts a HRM on his OH and monitors it from the front. He claims 'its so I can see if I'm pushing her too hard'. But I'm sure he's checking she's peddling! :biggrin:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Well i'm pleased to report that our first ride out on The Doctors cup cake ride was an absolute success,thouroughly enjoyed "the experience" and as a result it now looks like we have added a further bike to our stable.Will get some pics up soon,it got too late last night after hours of fettling and cleaning.

Top Bottom