A great start to the week!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I went to a Frank Turner gig at the O2 Academy in Leeds and enjoyed a joyous atmosphere and a great burger and chips beforehand in the Nation of Shopkeepers. I also managed to purchase a second hand Unimat lathe for a bargain price off the Internet.

Last night I went to a Greg Lake gig at Pocklington and relived my past as his songs and reminiscences took me from my six form years to the present. Enjoyed a Moroccan lamb meat ball tagine at my friend's in Pocklington.

Today I hope to receive the lathe and might have a little tinker with it.

Thursday is burdened with a parent's evening.

Friday I am going to York with my wife and some friends to see Bellowhead at The barbican and we'll be eating at Ning.

Saturday will see me out cycling for the joy of the activity and not as a vain attempt to burn off the calorie surplus taken on during the week.

Life couldn't get much better.

classic33

Leg End Member
Will the laithe turn up though!

snorri

Legendary Member
Good to hear you are having fun Vernon:thumbsup:
I've never thought of Leeds as a centre of joy, the only place I can remember there is the inside of Leeds Assizes, but there you go.^_^

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Good to hear you are having fun Vernon:thumbsup:
I've never thought of Leeds as a centre of joy, the only place I can remember there is the inside of Leeds Assizes, but there you go.^_^

Leeds is a great place to be. I liked it so much that I chose to stay here after graduating from Leeds Uni in 1980.

snorri

Legendary Member
I spoke in jest Vernon, only made one brief visit to Leeds and it was a :rain: day. The doorman at Leeds Assizes took pity on us and gave us an unofficial guided tour of the court rooms, which was very interesting.:smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
It wont turn. It's bolted down.
What use is a laithe that won't turn?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

[QUOTE 2151952, member: 259"]Having your own lathe is just so :becool: l. I'm extremely jealous![/quote]

I've got two lathes, one for big stuff and one for small stuff :dance:

Top Bottom