A Lancashire Lad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi. No longer young enough or fast enough to win time trials, but I'm still young enough to keep up with those who can....when they aren't racing.

Other than that just a keen cyclist looking to join in and maybe make helpful contributions.

Sharky

Guru
Welcome to cc, from an ex Prescotian.

Never fast enough to win anything, except for a couple of handicap prizes. But still fast enough to avoid being last in our evening 10's some weeks.

Ridden quite a few times on the D, L and J courses. All my pb's were on D courses.

Now in kent.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
I rode D L V or T courses. Lancs, Cheshire and especially courses on A1 or A19.

Saturday afternoon on the A1 guaranteed a good time. Mind you, you had to have a good time to get an entry.

Sunday over there meant leaving home at 4AM!!!

Sharky

Guru
I rode D L V or T courses. Lancs, Cheshire and especially courses on A1 or A19.

Saturday afternoon on the A1 guaranteed a good time. Mind you, you had to have a good time to get an entry.

Sunday over there meant leaving home at 4AM!!!
Rode the O2 course a few times, but it was always very windy and I could only get into "limit" events. Did ride the 50 version on the O7a and got a perfect day and a PB. It was a long journey in those days and once I rode across the day before and stayed in the YHA, rode the event and then rode back. The Rainford bypass 10 course was our local course and is still in use, but a slightly different start/finish point. I rode it a couple of years ago and Bradley Wiggins turned up as well!

Top Bottom