A-Level Computing Student - Cycling Route Generator Software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lincov

I thought about this thread as I'm trying to plan routes to take my son to nursery.

Ideally I want quiet roads, which is easy enough using the council's cycle map, but it's important to me to not have to get off the bike as it's unstable with just him on it (I use a double kick stand when I'm stopping to get him off). So I'd really like routes that mean I don't need to get off the bike, which in practice means that I don't want to have to cross or turn right at main roads unless there's traffic lights. I can have to wait for ages in the rush hour traffic, partly because I don't want to take as many risks with my son on, and also because if I was by myself I may wheel the bike to the nearest pedestrian crossing. Hope that makes sense.

Tdotol

Great idea, and something I would certainly consider contributing to! Good luck with the project.

FFJ

good luck - tried to do the survey and notice it is now closed, all the best

OP
OP
R

ryanb162

Just thought i'd update everyone on my progress.
I've finished the research for my project and have started programming now
@Lincov that sounds really complicated so is something that would probably be included in the life after my project.

People have offered help, that's great! The best way to help would be to submit location data for your area (for example potholes, cycle lockers etc.) and to help test the final product when its completed.

AdamMortlock

Regular
Done. Not a bad survey actually!
I mentioned it on my answers but if you could include a feature to say something like "I want a Xx mile bike ride starting and finishing at this point, on road, which includes the most Hill climbing possible" well... I'd pay for that!

Dexter!

Top Bottom