A level help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
No - at least introduce yourself and the purpose of the survey first. Then I'll answer.

Politeness costs nothing.

C R

Guru
No - at least introduce yourself and the purpose of the survey first. Then I'll answer.

Isn't there also a surveys thread?

ETA, the OP posted his question in the survey thread on Monday. They are an A level student looking for input on how to design a bike rack for workplaces that reduces damage to bikes while parked at work.

@Moderators it may be worth moving this to their thread in the surveys section.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Much as i like to help further the cause of cycling in general and help people out i have got to the stage where i am finding people joining with only the intention of getting people to do a half baked survey a bit tedious .
The OP did post a survey aboutt damage to bikes before i assume its about that again ?

classic33

Leg End Member
Survey
Please would you be so kind to answer this, it would be much appreciated
IMG_20200918_153305.jpg

Access Denied.
"The file may have been removed or you may not have permission to view it"

OP
OP
A

aemb11

Politeness costs nothing.......you would know. This is very important to not only me, but perhaps the rest of the cycling community. It could even benefit you in the future, you don't have to do the survey, I was just asking for some help from a fellow cyclist.

Maybe if you stopped using steroids to enter competitions, you would calm down a bit and not feel the need to shoot down an A level student to feel a small sense of self worth.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Politeness costs nothing.......you would know. This is very important to not only me, but perhaps the rest of the cycling community. It could even benefit you in the future, you don't have to do the survey, I was just asking for some help from a fellow cyclist.

Maybe if you stopped using steroids to enter competitions, you would calm down a bit and not feel the need to shoot down an A level student to feel a small sense of self worth.

You're onto 'ignore' but first ...

If you'd come on here, asked nicely, we would have given you some advice on your draft questionnaire to help form the final one. But you didn't and instead you've got a questionnaire which doesn't work and chosen to insult me. Oh, and as I compete I'm up for drug testing so steroids are a no-no.

Any survey needs an introduction, together with purpose and how you're going to use the data. Yours doesn't have one. As such it goes against both research ethics and research processes (see the Market Research Society code of conduct).

Question 1 - OK, but you've got a range of parameters there.
Question 2 - If it's more than 1 then you're invalidating Question 9 as it doesn't then show which bike the answer applies to.
Question 3 - It's a dichotomous question. What about someone who commutes 3/5 days, is that a 'no' or a 'yes'. Or a 'maybe'. As a result it's invalid.
Question 4 - Again dichotomous. No option for 'yes' or the 'why not' element. Again therefore invalid.
Question 5 - Shed? Work shed? Are you asking for a dichotomous yes/no or detail? Looks like you want detail but the question's phrased in a tick-box manner.
Question 6 - "How do you store your bike?" - at work or at home? They may, and probably will, be different. Therefore again invalid.
Question 7 - Lacking / features is two questions, not one. The answers therefore may conflict, resulting in an invalid question.
Question 8 - £0-250 for a product. What product? What type of product? No detail = again the responses are invalid for your findings.
Question 9 - Which bike? If I'd put more than one in Question 2 you haven't a clue which one. The £4 one or the £2500 one? And yes, I've both.
Question 10 - "What do you use the bike for?" - please specify if more than one option; haven't you already got this in the others so that option doesn't count unless you're re-allocating. A tick box option would've helped here.

So there you go. You can either edit your questionnaire and re-collect your data with this as a pilot study or choose to use invalid data as the basis for your A-level. Your choice.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member

To accuse someone you don't even know of using steroids, just because they happen to cycle isn't the best way to get answers.

I've tried to answer, but got "Access Denied", as posted above. Others seem to have got further and seen the questionnaire.

There is one consideration, not all cyclists cycle only on two wheels.

Sharky

Guru
Done the survey, just to see what the fuss was about and yes some of the questions seem illogical and don't really fit me as a multiple bike owner now retired.

pclay

Veteran
I’ve just had a look at the survey, and as mentioned above, it’s not really possible to answer. All the questions need re-writing.

Tom B

Guru

Would you like to try again?

alicat

Legendary Member

This alone has persuaded me not to answer the questionnaire.

Top Bottom