A Levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
A thread to boast about our children's results.... or commiserate, whinge about the clearing process, grade inflation or whatever.

A* A* A - so he's off to Durham
Evidently wants to get as far away from parents as possible !

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Oh, happy days... very poignant.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A thread to boast about our children's results.... or commiserate, whinge about the clearing process, grade inflation or whatever.

A* A* A - so he's off to Durham
Evidently wants to get as far away from parents as possible !

He lacks ambition or geographic knowledge.

Aberdeen would have been his first choice to realise his dream.

Sandra6

Veteran
Well done to all A-level students.
I'm waiting gcse results for my eldest girl later in the month. Hopefully I'll get to boast then.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well done - we are waiting for the AS level results later this morning but the A Level students go in first - just seen some going past to collect their results from school.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Well done to all A-level students.
I'm waiting gcse results for my eldest girl later in the month. Hopefully I'll get to boast then.

We're waiting GCSE results too!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
He lacks ambition or geographic knowledge.

Aberdeen would have been his first choice to realise his dream.

All sorts of exciting universities in scandinavia, the low countries and Italy offering courses taught in English now. Many exciting options even further away than Aberdeen. Wish I'd done it.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Well done to those with places. Aberdeen lacks ambition too - I added a sea in the way so went from Nottingham to Coleraine in N. Ireland.

I'm currently manning a 'clearing' phone for university places. Marketing/PR/Journalism course anyone?

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
[I'm sufficiently iggorant, I don't know what Kings is - or are :headshake:. Probably somewhere one is supposed to know .... :rolleyes: ][/quote]

Kings College London.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
All sorts of exciting universities in scandinavia, the low countries and Italy offering courses taught in English now. Many exciting options even further away than Aberdeen. Wish I'd done it.

I was referring to UK universities :thumbsup:

There's been several features recommending overseas universities as a cheaper option to the £9k per year fees here. Thankfully my last two offspring beat the price hike. Mind you the termly pick up/drop off overseas does have its appeal.

Mmmmm.....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I was referring to UK universities :thumbsup:

There's been several features recommending overseas universities as a cheaper option to the £9k per year fees here. Thankfully my last two offspring beat the price hike. Mind you the termly pick up/drop off overseas does have its appeal.

Mmmmm.....

Yes, and I was half joking. Scotland might have a referendum soon :thumbsup:. LOL at the rest.

Top Bottom